Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Steve Lacy / Bobby Few - Istanbul Concert

Here comes a very bad recording, yet a historical meeting and event. I remember the main hall of Istanbul State Painting and Sculpture Museum. Wooden and old floor, high ceiling, paintings are on the walls, in the middle standing a very nice concert piano, audience is in a semicircle sitting arrangement. There comes the thin but giant pianist Bobby Few and Steve Lacy with his humble and interested smile on the face carrying his horn. There were no dat's then, not to mention mini discs or likes. With my little primitive tape I had been able to record it.
I am terribly sorry for the bad quality but when I listen to it I feel how great the music is.
The concert was in Istanbul, on the 10th of March 1992.
I hope you like it.